TERMS & CONDITIONS
DUE TO THE NATURE OF OUR BUSINESS: ALL SALES ARE FINAL, WITH NO EXCHANGES, NO REFUNDS, AND ALL COSTUMES MUST BE COLLECTED DURING THE COLLECTION PERIOD UNLESS OTHER ARRANGEMENTS WERE MADE AND APPROVED BY US.
Any form of fraudulent claims against Hype Mas may result in criminal or legal action against the individual(s).
By registering with Hype Mas you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions then you may not participate in the carnival with Hype Mas. In these terms “we”, “us”, “our” or “Hype Mas” refers to Hype Mas, and “you” and “your” refers to you as a participant in the Hype Mas band. We may modify these terms, for any reason at any time, by posting a new version on our website, these changes do not affect rights and obligations that arose prior to such changes. Your continued use of our website or any of our goods or services following the posting of modified terms will be subject to the terms in effect at the time of your use. Please review these terms periodically for changes. If you object to any provision of these terms or any subsequent modifications to these terms or become dissatisfied with our website, goods, or services in any way, your only recourse is to immediately terminate the use of our website, goods, or services.
In the eventuality that Notting Hill Carnival is postponed or cancelled all costumes will be carried over to the following year.
HOW DO I MAKE FURTHER PAYMENTS ON MY COSTUME?
Via our further payment product :
Refunds are not possible on our products. All our products are custom-made to your size and specifications, all payments made against your costume goes towards the production process and overheads of the business.
You are welcome to cancel your booking at any time, although your deposit/Payments are non-refundable absolutely no refunds or claims will be issued. if you wish to sell your package to another person, we will need written consent via email from both parties.
If you don’t want to re-sell your costume but do not want to take part, we are happy to defer your credit until 2024. This needs to be actioned by emailing us.
WHEN IS MY PAYMENT DEADLINE?
Payment Deadlines Must Be Adhered To, All Deposits And Payments Are Non-Refundable Or Transferrable.
All Premium Costumes Sold Via Hype Mas Website Options Payment Deadline – 1st June 2023
Elite Costume Payment Deadline – 30th June 2023
Purity Packages Payment Deadline – 31st July 2023
We have the following methods for masqueraders to pay off their balances or pay small deposits across the year.
Please note: This payment method incurs a 2% Booking fee which is charged by Stripe.
Important note: You must use the original booking reference number as the reference. Without this reference, we will not be able to match the payment to your costume order. Hype Mas cannot be held responsible for any payments which have not been referenced correctly
We do not accept cash payments at this time.
I’VE PURCHASED A COSTUME FROM ANOTHER MASQUERADER. HOW DO I TRANSFER THE COSTUME TO MY NAME?
Costumes Can Be Sold On To Another Masquerader, But Only Under The Following Conditions
All Sizes And Options On The Original Order Are What You Are Purchasing And Cannot Be Changed Or Amended At Any Time, You Are Purchasing A Sold As Seen Costume.
The Person Named In The Original Order Must Send An Email To Info@hypemasuk.Com Containing Their Order Confirmation If The Costume Is Paid In Full Stating They Have Sold On Their Costume To The Named Person.
Hype Mas Representative Will Send A Confirmation Email Acknowledging The Change Of Name.
You Must Attend The Correct Costume Collection Day Or Any Collection Day After With A Copy Of The Confirmation Email And A Valid Form Of ID. We Are Unable To Release The Costume Without A Confirmation And A Valid Form Of ID Together
• Ensure That Your Package Has Been Paid For In Full Before Attending Distribution. We Are Unable To Receive Payment At Mas Camp During Distribution
• Costume Packages Must Be Collected By The Person Named In The Order Or By A Confirmed Designated Representative. A Confirmed Designated Representative May Only Collect On Your Behalf If Your Balance Is Paid In Full
• Make Sure You Have Received Your “Paid In Full Confirmation” Collection Letter By 11th August 2023, If You Have Not Received This Please Contact Us Immediately, Do Not Attempt To Collect Your Costume Or Package Without This Document.
• Please Attend Your Designated Day For Collection Or Any Day After. Priority Will Be Given To Those Collecting On Their Assigned Days, Please Try And Collect On You Assigned Day To Ease Congestion And Wait Times.
• Please Have Your Original Valid Photo Identification Ready When Get To The Front Of The Queue. This Will Help To Speed Up The Process. We Are Unable To Issue Your Package Without Production Of An Original Valid Form Of Photo Identification
• A Confirmed Designated Representative Can Collect Your Costume On Your Behalf But Will Require The Following Information:
• A Signed Letter Stating You The Designated Person May Collect Their Costume, This Must Be A Paper Document.
• A Copy Of Their Costume Confirmation, This Can Be A Paper Or Online Document.
• A Copy Of Their Photo ID This Can Be A Paper Or Online Document.
• Without The Above Documentation, We Are Unable To Release Any Costumes.
• Please note we do not deliver our packages. Your Costume/Package will need to be collected in person.
Private and Promoted sections?
A private section is a brand within Hype Mas that manage their own production, collection of payments and are contractually responsible for the delivery of your costume. Hype Mas is responsible for delivering your “Carnival Experience” Music, Security, Food, Drinks, and logistics for the day/s. Hype Mas doesn’t take any responsibility for private or promoted section(s) production, collection of payment, and any contractual obligations.
Please contact the following private section for more information.
Aqua – Sugar Rush Designs UK – email@example.com
Bliss – Soca Mania – firstname.lastname@example.org
Majestic – Sherri Dee – email@example.com
Power – Party Lit UK – firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW DO I change the costume size or make changes?
Masqueraders need to ensure their sizes are inputted as accurately as possible. Body options are final and cannot be changed/upgraded.
Hype Mas is a 100% all-inclusive experience, we provide everything for you including breakfast, Snacks, hot Lunch, and Refreshments for the duration. We are a Roped off-band with Security, Road Management, Staff, and Police Escort. You are free to roam the band as you wish, mingle with friends in other sections, the only time we ask you to get into your section is at the judging point. For your safety please remain inside the ropes, any issues that take place outside of the ropes we cannot be responsible for, this is for your own safety.